General Availability Announcement for Clarity Release 16.0.0
08 November 2021
08 November 2021
November 8, 2021
To: Clarity Customers
From: The CA Technologies Clarity Product Team
Subject: General Availability Announcement for Clarity Release 16.0.0
On behalf of CA Technologies, a Broadcom Company, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of our products. Today, we are pleased to announce that Clarity Release 16.0.0 is now available for On-Premise and SaaS customers.
New features for Clarity Release 16.0.0 include:
- The introduction of Agreements as a configurable canvas establishing visibility for investment-to-investment dependencies, responsible parties, deadlines, and commitment dates.
- Enhanced Hierarchies with the capability to: view all investments in a Timeline; view and edit all Status Reports, Risks, Issues, and Changes; visualize aggregate data using configurable widgets.
- Powerful Roadmap capabilities including the ability to: export the Timeline to a PDF file; configure visual indicators representing Events such as milestones or other important investment dates; display agreement dependencies (for linked investments); and sync Roadmap Item Description, Manager, Priority, Status Indicator, Stage, and Status attributes.
- Visual Widgets are now configurable and have been added to Hierarchies, To Dos, and Custom Master Objects; users can create their own Widgets and optionally share them in a library.
- Custom Investments support Templates, as well as required fields per Blueprint.
- Continued focus on improving the Project Management user experience including the ability to: Manage dependencies via editable predecessor/successor columns in the Task timeline; compare the schedule to the current baseline in the Task Timeline; quickly locate Task assignments using a ‘smart’ filter where the assigned resource is the ‘current user’ or any selected user; and simultaneously assign multiple resources to Tasks using the Assigned Resource column.
- Introduction of ‘Smart’ Filters (e.g., current user) and Periods (e.g., current period, prior period, and start of current year) reducing the need for multiple saved views; timesheets include ‘Smart’ Actions for adding Assigned Tasks or Copying Previous Timesheets.
- Configurable Business Rules to control how & when certain elements are presented or actions are performed; the ability to disable attribute editing based on conditions; hide blueprint specific Actions; and define rules for “Pages” to control which modules are displayed based on access groups or other conditions; increase the cap for the number of active rules from 10 to 25.
- Clarity Connections: The Clarity-Rally integration includes additional no-code tools to map and synchronize the Clarity and Rally Parent and Custom Lookup fields. Rally users can access Clarity’s Timesheet directly from Rally and Clarity users can access Rally directly from Clarity in SSO authenticated
- Powerful governance controls with field-level security support for the Baseline object.
- Key improvements delivered through our Customer Innovation Panel process:
- Added the flexible Board view and supporting Picklist capability to Custom Master Objects.
- Improve Task Timeline user experience with the ability to collapse/expand all WBS levels with a single right-click action.
- The ability for an administrator to delete job log entries for a specific job in bulk.
- Included the Time Entry Note Date in the Data Warehouse.
- Various other quality-of-life UX improvements include:
- The ability to add staffing allocations in the Staffing workspace.
- Add Forecast, Forecast Variance, and a new Forecast Cutover (date) attribute in "Financials" for inclusion in cost plans & budget plans at the investment level.
- Ideas and Custom Investments have added support for the Living Status Report (e.g., Status module), with the ability to configure, preview, & publish in a PDF format.
- Improved the Save Views experience by removing an unnecessary popup message when switching between views.
- Automation improvements with the introduction of ‘User’ API and enhancements to existing APIs.
- Ability to API Enable a Custom Virtual Attribute on a Sub-Object in Studio.
- Enhancements related to the WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility standard, with the inclusion of numerous foundational accessibility improvements encompassing Visual design (e.g., color, contrast, visible focus), Responsive Design (e.g., pop-up windows, text areas, and browser zoom), Keyboard (e.g., key input, tab order, & focus), and Screen readers (e.g., semantics, hierarchy, & pages structures) in view of WCAG 2.1 AA requirements.
If you are an On-Premise customer, you can download your copy of Clarity Release 16.0.0 online at CA Support where you can also utilize CA’s case management system. To install your product, follow the installation procedures for your product at Tech Docs. If you are a SaaS customer, your environment will be automatically upgraded to the new release at a scheduled time following the 15.9.3 GA release date. Customers can expect a follow-up communication with additional details related to automatic upgrades. If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact CA Support.
Should you need any assistance in understanding these new features, or implementing this latest release, our implementation services partners can help. Please contact your CA account representative for more information on how they can help. To connect, learn, and share with other customers, join and participate in our Clarity CA Community page.
For a list of free Education courses, please visit Broadcom Academy. We update courses based on functional impact as well as high demand; therefore, courses created from previous releases may apply to the current release.
END OF SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: In keeping with evolving software industry practice, Clarity Product Management now communicates the End date for each release at the time of release. This change allows customers greater flexibility in your upgrade planning process. In accordance with the CA Service/End of Life Policy within the Working with CA Support guide available at CA Support Online, please consider this email your written notification that support for Clarity Release 16.0.0, all patch levels, all languages, will be discontinued as of November 30, 2024.
Please review the CA End of Service / End of Life Policy within the “Working with CA Support” guide available at Support by navigating to the CA Support Policy and Terms link.
Thank you again for your business.