General Availability Announcement for Clarity Release 15.9.1
08 February 2021
08 February 2021
February 08, 2021
To: Clarity Customers
From: The CA Technologies Clarity Product Team
Subject: General Availability Announcement for Clarity Release 15.9.1
On behalf of CA Technologies, a Broadcom Company, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of our products. Today, we are pleased to announce that Clarity Release 15.9.1 is now available for On-Premise and SaaS customers.
New features for Clarity Release 15.9.1 include:
- Flexible new capabilities to enhance Hierarchies with a (read-only) cross investment grid view that is easy to use, reducing the need for a technical resource to build custom reports. (BETA)*
- Additional configuration capability extending Custom Sub-Objects to the 3rd level within an investment hierarchy.
- Powerful governance controls with the introduction of field-level security for Custom Sub-Objects, aiming to eliminate the need to manage secure sub-pages while providing a robust data security framework.
- Extended Blueprint capabilities to configure Channels for Project, Idea, Custom Investment, and Custom Object investment types with added support for up to 15 Channels per investment type.
- Various quality-of-life UX improvements including:
- The ability to format text fields using the following tools: Bold, Underline, Italics, Strikethrough, Indenting, Bullets and numberings, Font size/font family, text colour and background colour, and Hyperlinks.
- Improved financial visibility with the addition of an Actual Transaction (read-only) grid within the Financials module for Projects, Ideas, and Custom Investments.
- Usability improvements to aggregate per-period metrics (TSVs) across Project, Idea and Custom Investments Staff, Assignments and Financials modules.
- Additional attribute data type support for Attachments (in the grid view); inclusion of the ability to sync the Goal attribute with Roadmap Items; added support for per-period metrics (TSVs) including Actuals, ETC, Total Usage, Remaining Allocation, Remaining Availability in the Staff module.
- UX improvements to Timesheet entry and approve pages such as section expand and collapse; Timesheets grid updates providing users with the ability to multi-select (and single-select) individual timesheets to perform approve or return actions.
- Usability improvements to Board cards limiting the hyperlink within the CARD TITLE field
- Enhancements related to the WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility standard, with the inclusion of colour and contrast updates for users with colour blindness. In addition, numerous foundational accessibility improvements have been incorporated encompassing Visual design (e.g., colour, contrast, visible focus), Responsive Design (e.g., pop-up windows, text areas, and browser zoom), Keyboard (e.g., key input, tab order, & focus), and Screen readers (e.g., semantics, hierarchy, & pages structures) in accordance with WCAG 2.1 AA requirements.
- Greater flexibility to search for and retrieve information using “equals”, “not equals”, “empty”, & “not empty” filter types.
- Updated the Staffing workspace to support ‘Days’ from a planning perspective.
*This is a beta feature and may contain bugs, errors and/or other problems. This feature is provided “AS IS, WITH NO WARRANTIES.” CA does not guarantee the availability of this beta feature, and any outages or downtime of the beta feature will not count towards service credits pursuant to CA’s service level agreement. There is no guarantee, representation or obligation that the beta feature will ever be made generally available in future releases of the product.
If you are an On-Premise customer, you can download your copy of Clarity Release 15.9.1 online at Broadcom Support where you can also utilize CA’s case management system. To install your product, follow the installation procedures for your product at Tech Docs. If you are a SaaS customer, your environment will be automatically upgraded to the new release at a scheduled time following the15.9.1 GA release date. Customers can expect a follow-up communication with additional details related to automatic upgrades. If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact Broadcom Support.
Should you need any assistance in understanding these new features, or implementing this latest release, our implementation services partners can help. Please contact your CA account representative for more information on how they can help. To connect, learn, and share with other customers, join and participate in our Clarity CA Community page.
For a list of Education courses recommended by role, please visit the CA Learning Paths and select the desired product. We update courses based on functional impact as well as high demand; therefore, courses created from previous releases may apply to the current release.
END OF SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: In keeping with evolving software industry practice, Clarity Product Management now communicates the End date for each release at the time of release. This change allows customers greater flexibility in your upgrade planning process. In accordance with the CA Service/End of Life Policy within the Working with CA Support guide available at CA Support Online, please consider this email your written notification that supports for Clarity Release 15.9.1, all patch levels, all languages, will be discontinued as of November 30, 2023.
Please review the CA End of Service / End of Life Policy within the “Working with CA Support” guide available at support by navigating to the CA Support Policy and Terms link.
Thank you again for your business.
CA Technologies Clarity Product Team