General Availability Announcement for Clarity Release 15.8.1
28 June 2020
28 June 2020
June 29, 2020
To: Clarity Customers
From: The CA Technologies Clarity Product Team
Subject: General Availability Announcement for Clarity Release 15.8.1
On behalf of CA Technologies, a Broadcom Company, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of our products. Today, we are pleased to announce that Clarity Release 15.8.1 is now available for On-Premise and SaaS customers.
New features for Clarity Release 15.8.1 include:
- Flexible new capabilities to enhance Roadmaps, including an improved import process leveraging the configurable grid with saved views, configurable filters & configurable flyout and expanded data type support for custom field syncing with underlying investments.
- Powerful governance controls with the introduction of field-level security for Custom Investments, eliminating the need to manage secure sub-pages while providing a robust data security framework.
- The reintroduction of financial configurability for Benefits Plans in Projects, Ideas and Custom Investments with export to .CSV, group by, saved views, etc…
- Extended Resource Management with the ability to allocate or add multiple resources in a single action in Projects, Ideas and Custom Investments Staff module. Includes added support for Custom Investment allocation planning in the Staffing workspace.
- Various quality-of-life UX improvements including support for ‘Days’ in planning; ‘Search’ box (for Name, ID) on component grids; Configuration of the logo; UX improvements to common lookup component; Details now set as default tab for most flyouts; Support for long URLs (necessary for SSO); and Custom master objects/subobjects in modern UX
If you are an On-Premise customer, you can download your copy of Clarity Release 15.8.1 online at Broadcom Support where you can also utilize CA’s case management system. To install your product, follow the installation procedures for your product at Tech Docs. If you are a SaaS customer, your environment will be automatically upgraded to the new release at a scheduled time following the15.8.1 GA release date. Customers can expect a follow-up communication with additional details related to automatic upgrades. If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact Broadcom Support.
Should you need any assistance in understanding these new features, or implementing this latest release, our implementation services partners can help. Please contact your CA account representative for more information on how they can help. To connect, learn, and share with other customers, join and participate in our Clarity CA Community page.
For a list of Education courses recommended by role, please visit the CA Learning Paths and select the desired product. We update courses based on functional impact as well as high demand; therefore, courses created from previous releases may apply to the current release.
END OF SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: In keeping with evolving software industry practice, Clarity Product Management now communicates the End date for each release at the time of release. This change allows customers greater flexibility in your upgrade planning process. In accordance with the CA Service/End of Life Policy within the Working with CA Support guide available at CA Support Online, please consider this email your written notification that support for Clarity Release 15.8.1, all patch levels, all languages, will be discontinued as of March 31, 2022.
Please review the CA End of Service / End of Life Policy within the “Working with CA Support” guide available at support by navigating to the CA Support Policy and Terms link.
Thank you again for your business.