General Availability Announcement - Clarity 15.9.2
10 May 2021
10 May 2021
May 10, 2021
To: Clarity Customers
From: The CA Technologies Clarity Product Team
Subject: General Availability Announcement for Clarity Release 15.9.2
On behalf of CA Technologies, a Broadcom Company, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of our products. Today, we are pleased to announce that Clarity Release 15.9.2 is now available for On Premise and SaaS customers.
New features for Clarity Release 15.9.2 include:
- Flexible new capabilities to enhance Hierarchies (now officially supported) with the ability to secure based on Global, Instance, or OBS access rights; include calculated attribute fields; control layout and Channels with a Blueprint; view metric calculations; and provide powerful governance controls using field-level security.
- Long-awaited refactored Roadmap capabilities such as the inclusion of a configurable Roadmap Item grid with support for group by and export to CSV; robust configurable filtering & search as well as the configurable Details fly-out for Roadmap Items; the ability to configure additional content for display on Board Cards; support for all of the above to be saved into a View; and a new creation sequence that aims to ensure users supply required fields when creating new roadmaps.
- Expansion of To Do’s to the enterprise by supporting the ability to manage a federated checklist of items across stakeholders for Project or Custom Investment Tasks.
- Configurable business rules to control how & when certain elements are presented: Properties Sections and Blueprint Modules can now be hidden based on certain access group membership and/or the contents of selected fields, including your configured attributes.
- Configurable Projects and Custom Investments Task Timeline includes the ability to include additional attributes such as WBS position or % Complete attributes to the table with the timeline in view.
- A new Workspace called Pages that allows the administrator to create Channels to access Clarity or other application pages from it's own menu, independent of Projects, Ideas, or Custom Investments.
- Risks, Issues, and Change Requests on Ideas and Custom Investments.
- Clarity Connections: our next-generation Clarity-Rally integration that includes simple to use tools to map and synchronize Clarity and Rally Objects and Fields. Includes support for both stock and custom fields. (BETA)*
- Key quick win improvements delivered through our Customer Innovation Panel:
- Ability to hide inactive departments from OBS and Department Lookups
- Separate delete from edit permissions across all Custom Objects
- Addition of ‘% Complete’ to the default Task Timeline view
- Various other quality-of-life UX improvements including:
- Ability for administrators to display a corporate required message or an announcement of an upcoming maintenance message to end users upon login.
- Enhanced per-period totals and scrolling view options in a grid view.
- An improved Create Page, configured via Blueprint, to capture required fields from users during Project creation to help ensure data integrity.
- Capability to select one or more Projects, Ideas, or Custom Investments and mark them for deletion.
- Support for ‘Mixed Booking’ in the Staffing workspace.
- Updates to the Data Warehouse based upon customer feedback, as well as Roadmap report improvements and the addition of new risk management reports.
- Ability to perform bulk updates across multiple Custom Objects instances within the grid.
- Links module in Ideas (configured via Blueprint).
- API Attribute ID now available as a visible field in the Attributes grid.
- Enhancements related to the WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility standard, with the inclusion of numerous foundational accessibility improvements encompassing Visual design (e.g., color, contrast, visible focus), Responsive Design (e.g., pop-up windows, text areas, and browser zoom), Keyboard (e.g., key input, tab order, & focus), and Screen readers (e.g., semantics, hierarchy, & pages structures) in view of WCAG 2.1 AA requirements.
* This is a beta feature and may contain bugs, errors and/or other issues. This feature is provided “AS IS, WITH NO WARRANTIES.” CA does not guarantee the availability of this beta feature, and any outages or downtime of the beta feature will not count towards service credits pursuant to CA’s service level agreement. There is no guarantee, representation or obligation that the beta feature will ever be made generally available in future releases of the product.
If you are an On-Premise customer, you can download your copy of Clarity Release 15.9.2 online at CA Support where you can also utilize CA’s case management system. To install your product, follow the installation procedures for your product at Tech Docs. If you are a SaaS customer, your environment will be automatically upgraded to the new release at a scheduled time following the 15.9.2 GA release date. Customers can expect a follow-up communication with additional details related to automatic upgrades. If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact CA Support.
Should you need any assistance in understanding these new features, or implementing this latest release, our implementation services partners can help. Please contact your CA account representative for more information on how they can help. To connect, learn, and share with other customers, join and participate in our Clarity CA Community page.
For a list of Education courses recommended by role, please visit Broadcom Academy. We update courses based on functional impact as well as high demand; therefore, courses created from previous releases may apply to the current release.
END OF SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: In keeping with evolving software industry practice, Clarity Product Management now communicates the End date for each release at the time of release. This change allows customers greater flexibility in your upgrade planning process. In accordance with the CA Service/End of Life Policy within the Working with CA Support guide available at CA Support Online, please consider this email your written notification that support for Clarity Release 15.9.2, all patch levels, all languages, will be discontinued as of November 30, 2023
Please review the CA End of Service / End of Life Policy within the “Working with CA Support” guide available at Support by navigating to the CA Support Policy and Terms link.
Thank you again for your business.