General Availability Announcement - Clarity 15.9.3
09 August 2021
09 August 2021
August 9, 2021
To: Clarity Customers
From: The CA Technologies Clarity Product Team
Subject: General Availability Announcement for Clarity Release 15.9.3
On behalf of CA Technologies, a Broadcom Company, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of our products. Today, we are pleased to announce that Clarity Release 15.9.3 is now available for On-Premise and SaaS customers.
New features for Clarity Release 15.9.3 include:
- Flexible new capabilities to enhance Hierarchies with the ability to automatically build hierarchy leveraging parent/child relationship of the underlying investments; Hierarchical view of risk, issue, and changes configured via a hierarchy blueprint.
- Introducing widgets that allow the users to review and analyze data in graphical format. Widgets are available for ToDos and the Hierarchy’s Risk, Issue, and Change modules.
- Powerful Roadmap capabilities with the reintroduction of scenario comparison providing the ability to visually analyze roadmap items comparing two different scenarios; improved user experience for dependencies and overall roadmap item management; incorporated Blueprints providing administrators with configuration capabilities for Properties, Modules (including Channels), and Actions; and the ability to sync the Roadmap Item “Name” with the “Name” of the linked investment.
- Configurable business rules to control how & when certain elements are presented, or actions are performed; Dynamically execute actions without the need to manually refresh a page; Making an entire record read-only; Enforcing Project attributes are required.
- Continued focus improving the Project Management user experience including; ability to edit fields in the table adjacent to the Task timeline; ability to manage baselines; visual indicator for locked projects; the ability to define ‘actions’ in a Blueprint; improvements to the create project from template flow; and a new access right to control project creation.
- Long-awaited refactored Resource Management capabilities including a configurable Staffing grid with support for group by and export to CSV; robust configurable filtering & search; saved views; inclusion of per-period metrics, as well as a configurable Details fly-out for Staffing items.
- Clarity Connections (now officially supported); the Clarity-Rally integration includes additional simple-to-use tools to map and synchronize Clarity and Rally Lookups; Added support for a bi-directional sync option to “update” Rally or Clarity when data changes are detected in either system; Updates to the Staging Table to capture outbound Clarity data before processing and populating mapped Objects and Fields.
- Powerful governance controls with the introduction of field-level security for risk, issues, and changes; Roadmaps and Roadmap Items; and the Team (or Staff) object aiming to provide a robust data security framework.
- Key improvements delivered through our Customer Innovation Panel:
- Default Saved Views to ‘personal’ with an option to publicly share.
- The ability to shift scheduled dates using relative “+” or “-“ controls.
- Improve display and search capabilities with the inclusion of auto-suggest within dynamic lookups and the multi-select update pages.
- Added single sign-on (SSO) support to display a corporate required message or an announcement of an upcoming maintenance message to end users upon login.
- Automatically rename access rights when Custom Investment or Custom Objects are renamed.
- Custom per-period metrics (TSVs).
- XOG support for the Task Owner field.
- XOG and REST API support for disabling object and sub-object access rights
- Various other quality-of-life UX improvements including:
- The ability to rename (and translate) stock and custom field names displayed in the Modern UX.
- The Status module is also available for Ideas and Custom Investments.
- Improved user experience when deleting a Resource, Role, Team or Investment in the (renamed) Staffing Plan workspace.
- Updates to the Data Warehouse based upon customer feedback, as well as status report improvements.
- Enhancements related to the WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility standard, with the inclusion of numerous foundational accessibility improvements encompassing Visual design (e.g., color, contrast, visible focus), Responsive Design (e.g., pop-up windows, text areas, and browser zoom), Keyboard (e.g., key input, tab order, & focus), and Screen readers (e.g., semantics, hierarchy, & pages structures) in view of WCAG 2.1 AA requirements
If you are an On-Premise customer, you can download your copy of Clarity Release 15.9.3 online at CA Support where you can also utilize CA’s case management system. To install your product, follow the installation procedures for your product at Tech Docs. If you are a SaaS customer, your environment will be automatically upgraded to the new release at a scheduled time following the 15.9.3 GA release date. Customers can expect a follow-up communication with additional details related to automatic upgrades. If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact CA Support.
Should you need any assistance in understanding these new features, or implementing this latest release, our implementation services partners can help. Please contact your CA account representative for more information on how they can help. To connect, learn, and share with other customers, join and participate in our Clarity CA Community page.
For a list of free Education courses, please visit Broadcom Academy. We update courses based on functional impact as well as high demand; therefore, courses created from previous releases may apply to the current release.
END OF SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: In keeping with evolving software industry practice, Clarity Product Management now communicates the End date for each release at the time of release. This change allows customers greater flexibility in your upgrade planning process. In accordance with the CA Service/End of Life Policy within the Working with CA Support guide available at CA Support Online, please consider this email your written notification that support for Clarity Release 15.9.3, all patch levels, all languages, will be discontinued as of November 30, 2023.
Please review the CA End of Service / End of Life Policy within the “Working with CA Support” guide available at Support by navigating to the CA Support Policy and Terms link.
Thank you again for your business.