CA PPM 15.5 General Availability Announcement
13 September 2018
13 September 2018
Date: September 10, 2018
To: CA Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) Customers
From: The CA Technologies PPM Product Team
Subject: General Availability Announcement for CA PPM 15.5
On behalf of CA Technologies, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of our products. Today, we are pleased to announce that CA PPM 15.5 is now available for On Premise and SaaS customers.
New features for CA PPM 15.5 include:
- Teams and Team-Based Planning, which allow organizations to conduct resource planning in a more efficient fashion by eliminating the need to plan every task or project all the way down to the individual resource.
- One of the industry’s first combinations of visual Roadmapping with Time-Phased Fiscal Period Planning in addition to other enhancements such as multi-column grid sorting and saving of grid column widths as part of a view.
- Channels, which allow you to punch out to external locations within the modern UX to streamline access to other useful management tools.
- Custom Investment Types (beta), which reduce governance friction by allowing organizations to articulate your investment plans in your stakeholders’ preferred language.
- Continued steps in our project management transformation including: the ability to define To Do’s, Links, and the modern UX Banner Color in Project Templates in order to facilitate new ways of working; the ability to seed context-sensitive parameters such as Project Name and ID into links to enable the link destination to dynamically reflect the different respective projects; and improved resource management through the ability to replace team members in the Staff tab.
- Various items in response to customer demand, including support for Fixed Work task types in Microsoft Project, the ability to use the ENTER key to post Conversations, improvements to handling of localization for Project Visuals & Modules in the modern UX, improvements to the treatment of Days in the Timesheet Review & Approve, and additional options for enforcing stricter security when selecting project participants in the classic UX.
If you are an On-Premise customer, you can download your copy of CA PPM 15.5 online at https://support.ca.com/ where you can also utilize CA’s case management system. To install your product, follow the installation procedures for your product at DocOps.ca.com. If you are a SaaS customer, you can start the process of upgrading your CA PPM SaaS subscription to 15.5 by opening a support ticket requesting a non-production upgrade at https://support.ca.com/. If you have any questions or require assistance, contact CA Customer Care online at http://www.ca.com/us/customer-care.aspx.
Should you need any assistance in understanding these new features or implementing this latest release, our CA Services experts can help. For more information on CA Services and how you can leverage our expertise, please visit http://www.ca.com/services. To connect, learn and share with other customers, join and participate in our CA PPM CA Community at https://communities.ca.com/.
For a list of Education courses recommended by role, please visit the CA Learning Paths and select the desired product. We update courses based on functional impact as well as high-demand; therefore, courses created from previous releases may apply to the current release.
END OF SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT IMPROVEMENTS: In keeping with evolving software industry practice, CA PPM Product Management will now communicate the End of Service date for each release at the time of release. This change allows customers greater flexibility in your upgrade planning process.
In accordance with the CA Support Policy and Terms available at CA Support Online, please consider this email your written notification that technical support for CA PPM 15.5, all patch levels, all languages, will be discontinued as of September 30, 2020.
To review CA Support lifecycle policies, please review the CA Support Policy and Terms located at https://support.ca.com/
Thank you again for your business.