General Availability Announcement for Clarity Release 16.0.1
07 February 2022
07 February 2022
February 7, 2022
To: Clarity Customers
From: Broadcom’s Clarity Product Team
Subject: General Availability Announcement for Clarity Release 16.0.1
On behalf of CA Technologies, a Broadcom company, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of our products. Today, we are pleased to announce that Clarity Release 16.0.1 is now available for On-Premise and SaaS customers.
New features for Clarity Release 16.0.1 include:
- The introduction of Visual Resource Staffing in the form of an allocation timeline which displays an investment timeline using either Allocations by Investments or Allocations by Resources layouts on the top of the page and Capacity, Allocation, and Remaining Capacity using either Resource Availability or Resources by Role on the bottom of the page.
- Configurable Visual Widgets have been added to the following functional areas:
- Investments: Projects, Ideas, and Custom Investments
- Sub Objects: Tasks, Risk, Issues, Changes, Staff, and Baselines
- Planning: Hierarchies, Roadmaps, and Agreements
- Workspaces: Staffing (Allocations Timeline & Staff Grid), Tasks, and To Dos (Investments & Tasks)
- Users can create Widgets and optionally share them in a library.
- Introducing the capability to define To Dos at the investment level; a new To Dos module can be configured in Project, Idea, and Custom Investment blueprints; the To Dos workspace grid has been updated to show To Dos defined on investments and tasks.
- Ideas now support Templates, as well as required fields per Blueprint.
- Continued focus on improving the Project Management user experience including the ability to: display financial and custom per-period metrics (e.g., TSV data) in Project, Idea, and Custom Investment and Hierarchy Investment grids; additional per-period metrics include: Actual Capital Cost, Actual Operating Cost, Actual Cost (Actual Capital Cost + Actual Operating Cost), Forecast Capital Cost, Forecast Operating Cost, and Forecast Cost (Forecast Capital Cost + Forecast Operating Cost).
- Clarity Connections: The Clarity-Rally integration includes additional no-code tools to create new Clarity Investments from Rally; synchronize Rally lookups between Clarity Roadmap Items & their linked investments.
- Key improvements delivered through our Customer Innovation Panel process:
- Enhanced Investment Status Reports leveraging the configurable Canvas, providing the ability to define a default layout, via Saved Views, or multiple status report views across multiple project managers; PDF export viewport controls for screen size (e.g., letter or A4) and Orientation (e.g., portrait or landscape)
- Powerful Roadmap capabilities including the ability to: Configure visual indicators representing roadmap events such as Today, Roadmap Start, Roadmap Finish, or other important dates can be displayed on the Roadmap Timeline; optionally include the roadmap timeline legend and configured widgets in the PDF export.
- Enhanced governance controls with field-level security support for the Task and Time entry object.
- The ability to perform auto-scheduling or create a tentative schedule from the Project Tasks Timeline.
- API enabled the resource date of hire and termination attributes.
- The ability for users to set language and locale in Modern UX.
- Changed the process for auto-assigned access rights to be treated as “View Only” licensed users.
- Added capability to translate Blueprint Channels, Sections (Mixed Case), and Action Names into other languages.
- For increased visibility, the total number of characters displayed within a Module tab has been increased (supporting up to 30 characters)
- Various other quality-of-life UX improvements including:
- A new Task management workspace including a configurable grid to view, edit, and manage Tasks across investments (e.g., Projects, Ideas, & Custom Investments); includes support for group by and export to CSV; robust configurable filtering & search; saved views; inclusion of widgets & ToDos; a configurable Details Task fly-out; with this release, the My Tasks and (previous) Tasks grids are end of life.
- Display Roadmap Targets in Timeline, Board, and Grid views leveraging configurable widgets.
- Introducing Blueprints leveraging the configurable grid with support for group by and export to CSV; robust configurable filtering & search; saved views; as well as a configurable Details fly-out for selected Blueprints. (BETA)*
- Improved the Staff Module with a user action to perform allocation from estimates.
- Users, with the Project - Edit Assigned Tasks access right, now have the ability to edit assigned Project Tasks (in Modern UX); previously only available to Classic users.
- Users have the ability to create Cost Plans, Budgets, and Benefit Plans with a Weekly period type.
- Corrected an issue where the Standard and/or Resource calendar data was not consistently represented (within both Modern & Classic UX) for Non-working days; resource availability within the Effort and Project Time gauges; and transitioning between Hours and Days.
- To improve the user experience, the Hierarchy to investment navigation has been improved.
- Enhancements related to the WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility standard, with the inclusion of numerous foundational accessibility improvements encompassing Visual design (e.g., color, contrast, visible focus), Responsive Design (e.g., pop-up windows, text areas, and browser zoom), Keyboard (e.g., key input, tab order, & focus), and Screen readers (e.g., semantics, hierarchy, & pages structures) in view of WCAG 2.1 AA requirements.
* This is a beta feature and may contain bugs, errors, and/or other issues. This feature is provided “AS IS, WITH NO WARRANTIES.” CA does not guarantee the availability of this beta feature, and any outages or downtime of the beta feature will not count towards service credits pursuant to CA’s service level agreement. There is no guarantee, representation, or obligation that the beta feature will ever be made generally available in future releases of the product.
If you are an On-Premise customer, you can download your copy of Clarity Release 16.0.1 online at CA Support where you can also utilize CA’s case management system. To install your product, follow the installation procedures for your product at Tech Docs. If you are a SaaS customer, your environment will be automatically upgraded to the new release at a scheduled time following the 16.0.1 GA release date. Customers can expect a follow-up communication with additional details related to automatic upgrades. If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact CA Support.
Should you need any assistance in understanding these new features, or implementing this latest release, our implementation services partners can help. Please contact your CA account representative for more information on how they can help. To connect, learn, and share with other customers, join and participate in our Clarity CA Community page.
For a list of free Education courses, please visit Broadcom Academy. We update courses based on functional impact as well as high demand; therefore, courses created from previous releases may apply to the current release.
END OF SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: In keeping with evolving software industry practice, Clarity Product Management now communicates the End date for each release at the time of release. This change allows customers greater flexibility in your upgrade planning process. In accordance with the CA Service/End of Life Policy within the Working with CA Support guide available at CA Support Online, please consider this email your written notification that support for Clarity Release 16.0.1, all patch levels, all languages, will be discontinued as of November 30, 2024.
Please review the CA End of Service / End of Life Policy within the “Working with CA Support” guide available at Support by navigating to the CA Support Policy and Terms link.
Thank you again for your business.